Travelling Fellowship Application Procedure
Please note the following points:
- The fellowships are normally awarded for periods
of 1 to 6 months.
- Applicants should normally be from the post-doctoral
level through to mid-career and must be either (a)
individuals from any country in the world applying
to undertake a study period in the UK or (b) individuals
resident in or employed in the UK applying to undertake
a study period in any other country.
- Applications must be made through the UK Institute
or University that either employs the applicant or
has agreed to host the visit.
- The fellowships will cover the cost of travel to
and from the UK and some internal travel.
- Applications for payment of subsistence will also
be considered, particularly where there are large
differences in the cost of living between the two
- The Trust will not provide for the costs of attending
conferences and workshops.
- Potential applicants from the UK should in the first
place discuss the proposed study with their employer
and the proposed host organisation. The application
must include confirmation on the Application Form
that the overseas Institution is willing to host the
- Potential applicants wishing to visit the UK should
establish contact with a host organisation in the
UK and obtain their agreement to submit the application
to the Trust. In the absence of contact with a potential
host organisation, potential applicants may submit
brief expressions of interest directly to the Trust
and the Trust will provide contact with an appropriate
Institute or University.
- Travelling Fellowships may involve periods spent
at more than one location, but in all cases a single
principal host organisation must be identified.
- Once agreements have been reached in principle with
the relevant organisations, the application must be
made on the appropriate
and submitted through the UK organisation.
- There are different Application
Forms for Fellowships from the UK and for Fellowships
to the UK.
- The normal submission date is 31 October each year, for consideration at the Trust's December meeting. However, the Trust will consider applications at other times and applicants should email the secretary for advice on this.
- Fellows will be required to provide the Trust with
a report on the conclusion of the fellowship